Deadline to apply: January 31st
The Professional Pen (TPP) is a script consultancy based in Los Angeles, CA that develops screenwriters from idea to pitch. TPP is hiring college credit-based, virtual interns for the Spring semester to support the growth of its creative projects.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Digital Editing Intern: For those with experience in editing short-form content like trailers, reels, and TikTok videos with an interest in the entertainment industry. Ideal candidate loves editing, can quickly learn and mimic TPP's style, and can quickly turnaround content for websites, newsletters, and TPP's social media pages.
- PR/Marketing Intern: For those with experience/looking to gain experience in creating partnerships. This position will be heavily administrative through email and phone correspondence with festivals, podcasts, businesses, organizations, colleges and universities.
All Interns must:
- Currently be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year institution receiving an associates, graduate, or undergraduate degree. This is a credit-based internship. Interns need to contact their on-campus Internship Coordinator to ensure credit will be received. If there are any forms TPP needs to fill out on the student's behalf, it shall be done so upon commencement of the internship program.
- Have experience and/or interest in the entertainment industry.
- Be CREATIVE!
- Be self-starters with initiative, know how to follow-up and follow-through, and have an exceptional grasp of the oral and written language.
- Have access to a computer, stable wifi and a working email address that is checked multiple times/day.
- Be sufficient in the following applications and platforms: Canva, Mailchimp, Vimeo, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Google Apps (Sheets, Docs, Drive, etc.)
- Digital Editing Interns must have their own editing software.
- Applications are due January 31, 2024.
- Interviews will be scheduled for the week of February 5th. All interviews will be virtual.
- Finalists will be notified of decision by February 9th.
- The Internship begins no later than February 15th. The internship will be virtual.
- The wealth of knowledge and guidance from Shannan E. Johnson, CEO of The Professional Pen. Check her bio for her areas of experience and expertise.
- Bi-monthly meetings to develop the Intern's area of interest, career goals, and plan of action post degree.
- The ability to join in on production and notes calls to learn more about the industry.
- The ability to creatively add value to the TPP brand.